Gwyn Jones Primary School :: Links for Parents
Here you will soon be able to find a list of useful information and links to web sites we hope you will find helpful and useful during your child's time at Gwyn Jones Primary School.
- Waltham Forest Council - www.walthamforest.gov.uk
Waltham Forest Council's website, particularly linking to the Education and learning section.
- Waltham Forest Council: School Meals - www.walthamforest.gov.uk/catering
This links enables school based staff, governors & parents to access information about the school meals service.
- Department for Children, Schools and Families - www.dcsf.gov.uk
The Department for Children, Schools and Families leads work across Government on behalf of children, young people & families.
- Department for Children, Schools and Families: The Standards Site - www.standards.dfes.gov.uk
This site provides access to all the UK Government's standards for education with all the up to date features and information you might want to discover.
- Ofsted - www.ofsted.gov.uk
The is the official web site for the UK Government body
which has been set up to inspect and regulate to achieve excellence in the care of children and young people, and in education and skills for learners of all ages.
- Qualification & Curriculum Authority - www.qca.org.uk
The QCA maintains and develops the national curriculum and associated assessments, tests and examinations as well as accrediting qualifications in colleges and at work.
- Directgov: UK Government - www.direct.gov.uk
This link takes you direct to the Parents area of the Education section of the UK Government's official web site.
- Resolution: First for family law - www.resolution.org.uk
Offering information, advice and workshops on issues such as:
- Family law
- Dealing with difficult situations, such as domestic abuse and addiction
- Parenting after parting, including how to support your children through your separation or divorce
- Managing relationships, including how to plan for family events, birthdays and religious celebrations
ICT resources have improved considerably over recent times and staff are developing their expertise in using them